10 Ways to Use Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes!
This Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes Recipe Couldn’t be Simpler or more Delicious.
The slow oven roasting brings out the juicy and sweet flavors of the cherry tomatoes. These little tomatoes are mouthwatering and delectable!
I discovered this recipe many years ago in Cooking Light! Of course, I’ve modified it just a bit but the integrity of the original recipe is still there.
And, I expect that once you make them you won’t be able to stop eating them! But, snacking on these little guys is A-OK! The calorie count for these slow-roasted cherry tomatoes is relatively small (averages 3 calories per cherry tomato). And, they’re rich in natural vitamins and minerals – Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Iron and Calcium. So, guilt won’t come into the picture – not with these!
Even Kids will love these oven roasted cherry tomatoes. All the while, you’ll enjoy knowing that they are benefiting from all that wholesome, health-giving nutrition.
And, this oven roasted cherry tomatoes recipe is amazingly versatile.
These little tomatoes are wonderful to have on hand as they have many delectable applications. Of course, it’s no wonder that I typically roast two batches or more at a time.
10 Ways to Use Roasted Cherry Tomatoes in Your Everyday Cooking or Entertaining:
- Roasted cherry tomatoes are perfectly scrumptious tossed with pasta, sliced cooked sausage (or shrimp or chicken or pork) and a bit of Parmesan cheese. Yummy! And, I have learned that they are delicious in just about any cold or hot pasta dish. So, of course, I’m going to make these a lot!
My hubby likes this hot pasta combination:
Penne pasta, sautéed Italian pork sausage, chopped green onions, roasted cherry tomatoes and plenty of Parmesan cheese! I don’t add butter or other liquids to this dish. The flavorful tomatoes are enough!
2. These oven roasted cherry tomatoes elevate standard scrambled eggs and frittatas to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Just toss them into the egg batter and go ahead with your recipe as you normally would.
Or, if you prefer, just toss them over cooked eggs. Either way, these little tomatoes add a surprisingly fresh taste to everyday eggs.
3. I like using them as a topping for my homemade pizzas. They are more flavorful than standard sliced tomatoes. Of course, your pizzas will explode with fresh tasty goodness!
4. You and your guests will savor these tasty cherry tomatoes on a charcuterie board or meat/cheese platter. (And, while on the topic of charcuterie boards, check out my post for even more ideas and inspiration.)
5. Once they have cooled, these flavorful cherry tomatoes are delicious nestled in turkey, beef or ham sandwiches.
6. They add color and taste to plain, grilled fish or chicken. (And, they are delicious with fish tacos).
7. They’re a perfect ingredient in cold, summertime salads. Just toss with plenty of feta cheese and sliced black or green olives for a Mediterranean-style salad delight.
8. I like to serve them piled high on a toasted crostini or even plain toast layered with cream cheese or another soft cheese such as ricotta. Here’s a Martha Stewart recipe for a similar dish.
9. They impart a delicious flavor to guacamole dips or tomato based salsas.
10. Add them to cooked vegetables to add color and to enhance the taste.
Or, best yet, you can just pop them directly into your mouth! These make great appetizers or snacks all by themselves!
In summary, these slow roasted cherry tomatoes are good to have on hand. They’re versatile, nutritious and, most importantly, delicious!
Thanks for visiting me today. And, if you like nutritious recipes, check out my marinated garbanzo beans!