Delish Corn Salad Recipe is Simply the BEST!
This Corn Salad Recipe Will Win You Accolades Guaranteed!
Whenever I am asked to bring a dish to a potluck, barbecue or a get-together of any kind, I usually make this Fresh Corn & Tomato Salad! This delicious corn salad recipe feeds a crowd, and is refreshingly tasty!
In fact, it’s so good that I guarantee that someone will ask you for the recipe! It’s inevitable and happens a lot!
And, I warn you that this Fresh Corn and Tomato Salad is addicting! I gave this corn salad recipe to my daughter-in-law recently and she said she couldn’t stop eating it. It happens a lot!
Fresh Corn & Tomato Salad (my tried-and-true potluck salad recipe)
Ingredients for the corn salad:
• 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
• 2 tsp salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
• 1/4 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
• 6 ears of fresh corn or 4 cups of canned corn (fresh is best but canned corn also works well!)
• 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
• 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small pieces
• 1 bunch scallions (both the white and green parts), sliced
• 1/2 cups fresh basil or parsley
• Whisk together the white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
• Shear off the corn kernels with a sharp knife (or open the cans of corn if you prefer:)
• Toss the corn with the tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, scallions, and parsley or basil.
• Pour the vinaigrette over the corn salad and gently stir to coat.
• Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer. It’s so tempting to eat it now, but the salad is best when the corn mixture has a chance to marinate in the refrigerator.
If you need more than 16 servings, don’t hesitate to double the recipe. I have doubled it in the past, and it’s just as tasty. Plus, if you are fortunate to have left overs, this salad tastes even better the next day.
Another Recipe You May Want to Try
If you like this salad recipe, I encourage you to check out Kathryn’s Totally Unexpected Cold Red Cabbage and Apple Salad! Of course, it shares many of the same characteristics as the Fresh Corn and Tomato Salad recipe – it’s refreshing, addicting and feeds a large group. You’ll love it!
Happy cooking friends!