What to Do With Scrap Ribbon: Make an Elegant Wreath!
Elegant Wreath Made from Scrap Ribbon
This Elegant Wreath Was Almost a No GO!
I almost gave up on this wreath. Absolutely everything I tried Bombed. I had many bags of scrap ribbon in my crafting arsenal and I wanted to use them. But, whatever combination of ribbons I tried, the wreath looked too blah, too ordinary or just plain wrong.
It’s so very FRUSTRATING!! Have you ever been there?
Then, after many, many attempts, I finally came up with a look that I liked. It wasn’t too flowery or overdone. And, it looked a bit more elegant than most. And, it even had a Spring-like flair.
I was jumping for JOY!
You have to deal with so many emotions when you are a crafter!
And, it’s easy and straight forward to make.
You do need ribbon in a variety of colors and textures, a Styrofoam wreath, a hot glue gun, a ceramic plaque (you can get them at Hobby Lobby) and a Silhouette Cameo (or other cutting machine) . Of course, a sprinkling of buttons looks nice too.
How to Make the Beautiful and Elegant Wreath:
- First of all, tightly wind the ribbon around the Styrofoam form. Glue the ribbon tightly near at the ends with a hot glue gun. winding and gluing until the wreath is fully covered.
- Glue any embellishments (bow and buttons) to the wreath.
- Next, print the word “welcome”on gold vinyl using your Cameo or other cutting machine.
- Carefully, place the lettering on the ceramic plaque and stitch / glue the plaque to the wreath.
- And, then, lastly proudly place it on your front door to welcome your guests!
Of course, I would love to get your feedback on this wreath and see your own beautiful creations!
Happy Crafting Friends!