Check Out This Button Bunny Art Project for Kids!
Enjoy Time Spent Creating this Adorable Button Bunny Art Project for Kids!
Disclosure: There are some affiliate links below, but these are all products I highly recommend and used. I won’t put anything on this page that I haven’t verified and/or personally used.
Why not spend a relaxing afternoon with your kids or grandkids making this sweet little Button Bunny art project for kids? This project will keep them happily entertained while promoting their creativity and eye/hand coordination.
But, most importantly, they’ll feel so proud of themselves when they see the finished product.
And, isn’t that why most of us do crafts?
Supplies Needed for this Art Project for Kids
- 11 x 14 Canvas – These canvas panels are available at most craft stores and on Amazon. I used a 1/8″ inch wide canvas but the larger, stretched canvas panels work just as well.
- Blumenthal Lilac Buttons & white buttons to supplement – If you want to make the bunny another color, Blumenthal button packets come in different colors (honeydew, giraffe, pretty plums, turtle shell and more). These button packets are great because the buttons come in different sizes, styles and colors which make the art work more interesting.
- Assorted matching trims of your choice. If you can’t find the fluffy trim for the tail, a large white button would work.
- Gem-Tac or other similar glue made specifically for gems or buttons. Gem-Tac is a great glue and keeps the buttons in place permanently.
Instructions to Make Button Bunny:
- Download and print the bunny silhouette. Cut him out with scissors.
- Carefully, trace the bunny silhouette onto the canvas. I used a purple marker to trace the bunny silhouette since it matched the buttons and the outline would show. However, a black marker works too.
- Glue the trim around his neck and the fluffy tail.
- Last of all, glue the buttons randomly on the bunny. I generally glue the larger buttons first and then, fill in the rest.
And, that’s all there is to it!
Such a cute and fun project for kids of all ages!
And, if you liked making this button bunny, you may want to check out the cute dinosaur button art. He’ll roar his way into your heart!